SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Lock

A home owner from Brisbane, CA says:
Can you identify this lock for me. It's on a patio door that I purchased from Home Depot about 8-10 years ago and just now malfunctioned. I do not have the Make or model of the door. The dimensions are 3" length x 1/2" width.

Thank you, Ed
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Ed! Thanks for posting. Are you sure that its length is 3"? Are you measuring the visible face, or the distance between the screw hole centers? The reason I ask is that our 82-218 looks very similar to what you have, and its length is measured by the distance from screw hole center to screw hole center. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Hi Tom:

Fantastic!!! You guys are wonderful. What a great service. Last night I was fretting about whether I would be able to find a correct replacement lock. The one you pointed out (82-218)that is 3 11/16" screw hole center to screw hole center is the one. I just ordered it from you AND I also loved the Legacy Handle Set with Key Lock (82-034) so I ordered that too. I measured and it also fits. Thank you so much.

Ed
Profile picture of Tom
That great Ed! I'm glad we were able to help you. If you have any other questions in the future, feel free to let us know.
Hi Tom, well.....the 82-218 Mortise Lock fits well and works great. BUT....the 82-034 Legacy Handle Set does not fit. The screw hole-to-screw hole measurement is correct (3-15/16") but the spindle does not line up with the Mortise Lock. It is too high. I would have to drill new holes for it to line up properly. I decided to just use my existing handle, which works fine with the new Mortise Lock. I have requested a return. Thanks for your help; you solved the primary problem. ED
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Ed, good to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear that our 82-034 didn't work out! Please let me know if you need anything else, I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)