SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Lock... Patriot series 5500

A handy person from Germantown, MD says:
Our house is a Ryan/NVR Ravenwood, built in Meadow Creek in Fall of 1999. Patriot said it is most likely a 5500 series door. I need two things:

- the lock mechanism for the door (picture attached)
- a new sliding screen door frame

Can you help?

Thanks!

Royce

User submitted photo of patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The mortise lock you need is our 82-226.

You will need to try to find a local source for a new patio screen door. Check places that make replacement window screens - they may also make doors or be able to refer you to someone in the area that does manufacture replacement screen doors.
A home owner from NJ says:
I have what looks like the same door handle. I need the door handle and plate it attatches to. The center of the screws in the handle are 5 1/2 inches apart.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Are you sure the distance between your screw hole centers is 5-1/2"? That is a large distance. Just by eyeballing the above customer's picture, it doesn't look like his any more than 4" apart. Can you confirm that dimension? Make sure you are only measuring the distance between screw-hole-centers.
A home owner from NJ says:
i accidently measured the screw holes for the handle it self instead of the screw holes to mount the handle to the door. The screw holes are 3 7/8 apart. do you have the handle and plate it attatches to?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! That makes a lot more sense. Take a look at our 82-069 and see if you think you can use this as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)