SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Lock Screw Distance

A home owner from Stafford, VA says:
I have to replace a patio door lock, because I bought a new house and it did not come with a key. The mortise lock 82-218 is an exact match, but the 82-309 lock shows a screw distance of 1 7/8". The screw distance on my handle is 1 3/4". This is very accurate, since the handle has a line centered on the screw holes that I can measure to. Do you have a lock that would match the 1 3/4" screw holes?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Could we perhaps see what your current handle set looks like? You can upload a few pictures right here.
A home owner from Virginia says:
See attached photos.
A user submited photo of patio lock distance
Profile picture of Dave
Thanks for getting back to us. If you would like to just change the key cylinder, take your lock apart and key housing. Remove the key cylinder, and then see if it will match up to our product 82-310. It would be possible to change the complete handle to the newer style 82-035. Please let us know if you are in need of further assistance.
A home owner from Virginia says:
I don't have the key, so I don't think I can change the lock cylinder.

Looking at the new handle 82-035, it doesn't show that it supports a key lock. Is that an option with this model?
Profile picture of Dave
The 82-309 key lock set can be used with the 82-035 patio door handle set. Would that work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)