SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Rail Thickness

A quick learner from Gloucester, Virginia says:
Will product #82-063 & #82-320 work in a patio door that has side rails that are only 3/4" thick.

I need to replace the existing surface latch that only latches from the inside, with one that can also be latched from the outside with a key. I fear that the tumbler may protrude further than the door can accommodate since its only 3/4" thick.

if the tumbler needs more than room than the 3/4" thickness of the door, I would have to shim between the door surface and the key lock side plate. Then, would that make the keyed side stick out so far that the screen will not be able to slide past.

Please advise.
Thank you in advance for help.
Here is a picture of the edge of the door side style.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photo, I believe the handle and lock set you need could be our 82-005 handle set and an additional 82-306 keyed exterior handle. Look at these parts and tell me what you think!
A quick learner from Gloucester, VA says:
The parts you have suggested looks like they will work for me.If I order these, will either of them come with a receiver? What I mean is, will I get something to mount to the jamb to receive the latch's hook?

Also, on part #82-005, what is the purpose of the steel tab sticking out near the hook latch?
Which keeper should I order with the set you had suggested?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 82-005 actually includes both the keeper and any fasteners you may need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)