Issues with Andersen patio door rollers

A home owner from Indiana says:
Re: Andersen Patio Door and Screen.

-Purchased 84-020 which was exact match for screen door.

-Purchased 84-005, which was shorter than top of door roller on screen door. Mine is about 3 1/4" and has (2) holes in stem. Can probably make work, unless you have exact match.

-Purchased 81-128 P/Door roller assembly. My door had a housing for roller assembly attached to door but not roller assembly. My old roller assembly slides into housing. Had to remove housing, in order for 81-128 to slide into opening, and when I installed 81-128, it made door 1/4" - 3/8" too tall and door would not fit back into opening. Rollers were set on lowest adjustment setting. Can I remove the housing from 81-128? Or, do I need to try and shave door slot where roller assembly goes to allow door to fit? Or, do you have an exact match.

-Please advise. Thanks, John
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, John. Hopefully we can help. I recognize the top screen door roller you describe, however it has been discontinued and is no longer available. The 84-005 is the only possible replacement.

As for the 84-128, is the diameter of the wheels the same as yours? If so, you could possibly swap housings, yes. That may be what you need to do. Slip a flat screwdriver through the side opening between the tandem wheel mechanism and outer housing, then pull up. That should disconnect it.
A professional from California says:
The replacement is very likely the exact same height as the original. That roller housing has points at the top that are meant to nail into the wood to help stabilize everything. If those are not forced into the wood enough, they would make the roller seem taller. I would remove the roller from the bracket, force the bracket in and use a block of wood or a screwdriver to pound the bracket firmly against the top of the cutout. Personally, I usually leave the original bracket unless it's rusty or damaged.
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.