SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Seals

A home owner from Southington, Ohio says:
I am trying to find door seals for my patio door. There are no manufacturer labels or etching. The house was built in 1996. I have contacted Jeld-Wen and they say it is not theirs. The patio door is a three panel sliding door with two stationary panels on both sides. Measurements are 36"W x 77"H. The side panels are the same measurements. The only information I have is listed below. Te seals I am needing is the center interlocking seal and the perimeter seals which are all shown in the pictures. If you need any other images please let me know.
Sincerely,
Paul

On the lower right corners of the glass are the following:
PPG Herculite
CGSB12GP1
SGCC-25G
16CFR1201

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Those numbers you read off your door appear to only be for the glass, not the door itself. Try looking in between the insulated glass unit at the metal spacer bar (if there is one). Some manufacturers stamp their name on that spacer bar in between the glass.

Otherwise, we may still be able to help, I just can't make out what you have based on these pictures. I need to see a picture of the weatherstripping in question. You can upload your pictures right here for us to see.

Before you upload your pictures, though, please watch the video below. There is a very specific way we need you to take your pictures in order to ensure that we have all the information we need. The video will clarify.
A home owner from Southington, Ohio says:
Here is a better image of the seal I am trying to find. I have not been able to identify the door manufacturer at all. Looked at metal strip between panes and any etching nothing has been found. The only etching I was able to find is listed above in the discussion.

The seal in question is 78"L x 1-1/4"W. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also attached images of the bottom of the door to try and help with identification.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We don't carry that metal piece you show in the first photo. That would only be available from the manufacture, as it was most likely made for their door only. If you can reuse the metal strip, try to replace the weather stripping with something like our 58-156, 58-056 and 58-169. Carefully look them over and see if you are able to use any of these as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)