SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Set what Mortise Lock?

A home owner from Queens NY says:
Hi,

I bought a Patio Door Handle Set, 3-15/16"
Product Code: 82-035 as a replacement part for my patio door. What Mortise Lock should I buy to go with that?

C
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! As you can see in the Related Item(s) category on the 82-035's product page, there are a few options for mortise locks. Take a look at our 82-214, 82-218, and finally our 82-226, and then compare these to your existing mortise lock. Do any of these match your current hardware? Let me know!
A quick learner says:
The existing mortise lock fell into the patio door. Would all 3 of your recommendations fit?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, no. Each of these mortise locks have different dimensions. You can either compare their dimensions with the installation holes left over by the old mortise lock, or try to retrieve your fallen mortise lock. You may have to remove the bottom of the door in order to do that, though.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)