SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Glass Sliding Door Wheel Roller

A home owner from Bushkill, Pensylvania says:
Please help to find replacement for broken Patio Glass Sliding Door Wheel Roller.
Roller itself is 1 and 1/4" Diameter. Unit width is 15/32" (or 7/16"). All measurements was done by metal ruler.
I could not identify door manufacturer. Door is aluminium, and approximately 25 years old. The silver label remnants does not show useful information.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Measured by calipers with is 7/16"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you just have the inside portion of a roller unit. There should still be an outer casing still installed in the door. I will need to see the whole unit together, if possible. That will let us identify a match. Thanks!
Paul, you were right^ I found outer casing inside the door frame.
Maximum outer casing width is appr. 3/4"
It is 1-5/8" high, 2-18" length.
Roller diameter is 1-1/4"
Adjustment screw is 1/2" from the casing edge
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Your glass door roller looks like our 81-041, except our height is 1-7/16" and not 1-5/8" like yours. Can you confirm your measurement? If it's accurate, then the 81-041 likely won't work.

The only other option I can think of is using our 81-224 wheel and 81-304 axle to replace your current wheel and axle, and then just re-using your old housing.
Hi Paul,
It looks like you are right again. it is 1-7/16".
I have just ordered couple of 81-041.
I hope you ship it ASAP.
Thank you very much for your expertise.
Michael
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)