Patio Screen Roller replacement

A quick learner from Chandler, AZ says:
I ordered 84-050, Patio Screen Roller, Pacesetter, unfortunately they did not fit in the bottom of the screen. Attached is a photo of the original hardware. Can you help me find a better match
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Can you go into more detail on how this roller didn't fit? It looks to be a very close match. If it's a matter of size, can you give us your exact dimensions?
A home owner from Chandler, Arizona says:
They look identical but the broken one is slightly thinner than the one I ordered.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for clarifying. The 84-095 is a little more narrow. Could this be better?
A quick learner from chandler says:
I need to send you a part so that you can match it. What kind of information shall I include with the it? Who should I send it to? I have tried 2 times to replace this part (sent photo and measurements) but the wrong part was sent.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if having the part on hand will help. There's a good chance that yours is simply not made anymore. When it comes to screen door rollers like this, some older parts were made with a different width than they were made today. I don't know why, it's just how they did it, but it is frustrating. If our suggestions didn't work then I don't think anything would without some modification. You say yours is slightly thinner. Can you spread the patio screen door frame to accept the roller? Also maybe try a file to make a little more room. We do have the 84-095 which is thinner, but yours looks more like the 84-050.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.