Patio Sliding Door Handle

A home owner from Somerset, NJ says:
This is a 1988 townhouse and the handle for the sliding door is broken but I can not identify the maker and brands. I can not get a replacement from Home depot or Lowes. Please help me and appreciate it sincerely!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! This handle set has been discontinued, but we believe our 82-036 can work as a substitute.
A home owner from somerset, NJ says:
Dear Paul and others,
I ordered the above recommended patio door handle and received it today. When I tried to mount it on the door, it did not fit for the following reasons:
1) the handle's screw holder protrudes out and prevent the handle to flush with the door frame. Both handles have the same kind of protrudes. (pic 1)
2) the sliding door has a big hole between the two screw holes. (pic 2)
3) the original handle has a piece of metal to cover the hole so that there is no air leaks or flow between inside and outside. (pic 3, 4)
4) the original hooker receiver was fixed to the frame by sticking out a "tongue" and the nut was screwed on it. (this is not a big problem) (pic 5)
5) my sliding door frame thickness is 1.45669 inch so the screw associated with the door handle is not long enough by the existing design

I already talk with Judy and please help!!
Thanks
Felix
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. To use the newer white handle in your door, you could drill or file the hole in the door to fit the new screw bosses. As for the screws, check with a local hardware store to see if they can supply the same diameter screw but in the longer size you need.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.