Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller

A home owner from Port Ludlow WA says:
I have an older house with four sliding glass patio doors.I do not see a roller that looks exactly like the rollers on my doors and do not know what the "dimple width" refers to. Attached are photos and measurements which, I hope, will assist you in determining which roller I need to replace the rollers on my four doors (two rollers each). One of the doors is giving me problems right now, but all of the doors will be given new rollers.

Thanks,
Lorna
User submitted photo of sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Wow, these photos are very well done, Lorna.

Your sliding door roller looks very similar to the 81-256 Sliding Glass Door Roller. Have you taken a look at that one yet?

Now, the dimples are shown most visibly in the center of your roller on the bottom right image. The "dimple width" simply refers to the measurement form the outer most part of the dimple on one side of the roller to the outer most part of the dimple on the other side.

One key measurement that we'll need is the wheel diameter. The wheel diameter for the 81-256 is 1 1/4".
A quick learner from Port Ludlow WA says:
And Wow to you for getting back to me so quickly! I did make a mistake on my measurement for the height where I had 1 3/8". It should have been 1 3/16".
As I understand it...there are three "dimples" on the side of the roller...two on the top and one on the bottom. I matched the 13/16" width by measuring the outside of the bottom dimple to the front edge of the roller and measuring the outside of the same dimple to the center of the wheel. Now, if the measurement is between the two top dimples, that measurement is 1 3/8". The wheel on my roller is 1 1/8". And no, I did not see the very last roller, 81-256...guess I gave up too quickly...thinking the padio door was too old!

Thanks for all of your help...I hope we can get things rolling.
Lorna
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Lorna, after additional research, it appears the 81-093 Sliding Door Roller may be a good replacement for you.

Take a look.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.