SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handle 3-7/8 hole centers

A handy person from USA says:
THANK YOU, here are some pic's the screw holes on the door handle are 3 7/8 inches apart.
Thanks for any assistance.
Tom
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tom, thanks for posting! Take a look at our 82-035 handle set, as well as our 82-226 mortise lock. How do these look to you? Do the dimensions match up? I'm not so sure about the keeper. Could you give me its dimensions? Are they the same as our 89-020?
A handy person from shelby twp mi says:
Yes the keeper is the same dimensions as your 89-020, except for my keeper is only a half inch in depth. All the other dimensions work with your handle and latch system. Can I use this same keeper? And what I want is this handle configuration to have an exterior lock.
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Certainly! As long as your original keeper is in good condition, I see no reason why you can't keep using it. As for an exterior lock, check out our 82-309 Key Lock Set, which can work with the 82-035.

You could also check out our 82-031 patio glass door handle set with the 82-310 key cylinder and see if that would work better.
A handy person from shelby twp mi says:
Thanks for the info Tom, Sorry about the delay.

Could you give me what I will need for the 82-035 handle, and the 82-309 lock. Or shall I say, do I need to replace the mortise lock assembly to integrate the exterior lock set up. The mortise lock assembly that is in the door right now is in good condition, but I am not sure if the 82-309 lock will match up to it, or should I just replace it also?

Thanks for all your help.

Tom S.
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Tom. You shouldn't have to replace the inside mortise lock to accommodate the 82-309. If you have a lock similar to our 82-226 like I suspect, then the two should work together.
A home owner from shelby twp says:
Just wanted to thank you Tom. I just ordered the handle and lock set today.
You are a great help.
Thanks Tom S.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)