SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handle

A handy person from USA says:

Perhaps you can help me. My current sliding door handle is comparable to your 82-005 product, however I'm looking to convert it over to a keyed lock with something similar to your 82-308 product, which unfortunately has a screw hole spacing of 3" instead of the 4-15/16" that my door currently has.

Would you advise either the 82-306 or 82-320 for my application? Note that my latch is not the mortise type. Another option might be something like 82-310 and just drill a hole in my existing exterior pull plate, but I would like a comprehensive solution if one exists.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. If your lock is indeed like the 82-005, then the proper outside keyed handle to use for it is our 82-306. To me, this is the best and easiest way to convert the 82-005 to use with a key lock.
A professional from California says:
Be aware, if the slider is on the outside, 82-306 will conflict with the screen.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)