SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for new patio door handle with broad hook

A handy person from NY says:
We need a new patio door handle/lock. The handle has a sliding lever on the left side and a metal piece on the right side that the lever moves forward and back, unlocking and locking the door as the edge of the metal piece moves away from or against (respectively) the door frame. The lever on the left, which cracked off, slides up and down. Pictures are attached

The doors are a brown metal frame, sliding glass doors, probably from the '70's or '80's (could be from the 60's. We were told they were Anderson doors, but I don't see any markings.

The length of the rectangular piece that screws onto the inside of the door is 7 3/8", the distance between screws is between 4 7/8 and 4 15/16, center to center (just under 5")

Two photos are attached- one shows the left side of the handle, and the opening for the lever which cracked off. The second shows the right side of the handle and the locking piece for the door.
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 82-009A and let me know if you think this will work for you as a replacement.
A handy person from NY says:
Looks very similar- except my handle part allows the fingers to wrap behind when opening (has an opening between the handle and the part tat screws into the door), which is more comfortable for opening and closing. Any chance you have one with a handle like that? I'm attaching a perpendicular image with the door open so you can see what I'm referring to

Also- is this for the front of the door only- and can I just use my back handle that is still intact? Or do I need to purchase a front and back?

Thanks for your help!!
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I see what you mean. Unfortunately, we do not have a version of this handle with a gap in the handle. The 82-009A handle set is a kit that contains the inside and outside handles. You can still use parts of your existing handle set if they match, but the individual parts of the 82-009A are not available separately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)