Patio door handle

A handy person from Las Vegas says:
I purchased a patio door handle (82-262). There were no instructions with the handle, and there is a curved piece of "spring steel" with the handle. I am not sure how that is installed (the previous door handle was missing, so no reference). Can you help this?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To install the locking actuator into the handle, you must first take the latch hook along with the spring and line up the hole and dimple in the spring with the post and divot in the hook. Place the latch hook with with spring onto the mounting base of the latch. Line up the two holes in the base with the latch hook in the correct position into the handle base. Use pressure to force the bracket on to the two posts in the handle. The base along with the hook latch should press together. Now you are ready to install the handle onto your door.

We should probably have a video on this, so I'll forward this to our video team. We are always working on many projects, so it may not be available soon, but we should definitely have instructions for this handle set some time in the future.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.