SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handle & lock

A home owner from Spring Valley CA says:
We have a sliding patio door that never had a handle or lock. Our handyman cut space for a handle which he picked up from a local hardware store, but the locking mechanism is too short because the door is 1 1/2" thick. Do you have any handle &/or locking mechanism long enough to work with a door that thick?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! How about our 82-005? Could you use this? You could also go to a local hardware store and get some longer screw, that may help.
A home owner from Spring Valley CA says:
I should have been clearer. I want a lock that can be locked from inside with a lever but outside with a key. We now have a handle with a locking mechanism on the inside, but nothing on the outside handle because all the lock cylinders are too short. Also, the door is white vinyl, so preferably the lock would also be white.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. To start, could I see a few pictures of the handle set you have now? This will help us find a good key lock for you to use.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)