SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handle broke

A quick learner from maryland says:
I recently bought a part from you guys it was a turning lever, part # 82-106 I thought that would solve the problem because that was missing. I put that part on and it fit except the hook on the inside won't come out when you turn the lever, I'm assuming there is something missing internally.

the problem is I have no idea what brand door it is, my mom recently passed and I inherited the house, I've already wasted money on a new handle that didn't fit, I would just like to get what goes inside to fix it so I don't have to buy a new door. I hope you can help me out. I don't see any markings on the door at all.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Sounds like you'll need a new inside lock. I'm not sure what you have without knowing your dimensions, but you should look at our 82-226 or 82-227. Compare them to what you have now and see if any match your dimensions.
A quick learner from Maryland says:
Thanks so much for your response, I measured the internal lock and I ordered the piece you suggested. I appreciate the help

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)