SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handle set.

A quick learner from USA says:
I have these patio doors 1 3/4" thick with looks that look like your Legacy. I need to changed for a white ones if they're a choice.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
They sure are. See our 82-074 to start out. My only concern is that this is meant for 1-5/8" thick doors, not 1-3/4". Can you confirm your size? The thumb turn for the 82-074 is 3/4" long while the key cylinder tail is 7/8" long. How do these sizes compare to what you have installed now?
A quick learner from Califor says:
I haven't heard from you in the last week regarding the licks set I'm looking for. Did you get the pictures with the measurement ?
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. This is the only response we received since your first post, I'm afraid. I see that your door is 1-3/4" from the picture, as you mentioned before. Did you go over the details Dave suggested? Could you adapt the hardware he talked about in your door?
A quick learner from California says:
Yes I looked at the 82-074 and 82-073 and they could work , but the holding passing screws are going to be an 1/8" shorter and I don't need to have them keyed. Any idea how to fix these two issues? Can I order them no keyed?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We don't have this specific style of handle without keys, but the 82-069 can work just as well and has the same measurements. It's also a little easier to work with since the thumb turn can be adjusted to different positions. As for the screws, you could re-use your old ones.
A quick learner from California says:
I will order both of them and see which one will work better on my doors. Thanks
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)