SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handles and rollers

A home owner from New York says:
I need to replace my patio door handles, which appear similar to your 82-055 part and measure 3.5 inches from screw to screw. However, my doors are 2 inches thick, whereas the description says they are only good for 1 inch doors. Will they still work? Also, the doors are hard to open. Do you have any recommendations for lubricating the tracks and/or replacing the rollers?

Thanks,

Jason
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Jason! I don't think our 82-055 could work without some alteration. You could try to reuse the latch hook and screws from your old lock by transferring them to the 82-055.

We carry many different rollers for Acorn doors and I'm not sure which is one you need. I have related a couple to this discussion, which you can view on the right side of this page. The only way to know if any will work, however, is to remove your existing rollers and carefully compare them to these products.

I would recommend something like our 75-077 for track lubricant.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)