SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2001 Replacement Patio door lock

A quick learner from Lithia , FL says:
I just purchased a home built in 2001. I have 2 sets of sliding glass doors, 3 panels each. I may or may not need rollers at this point, but I do need 4 new latch/lock assemblies. I tried to buy some from Lowes, and although they
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your post got cut off, so I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking for a new lock and handle set? If so, please take a few pictures of your existing hardware and upload them here for us to see. Please also tell me what the dimensions are, specifically the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center. Thanks!
A quick learner from Lithia, FL says:
The question is how can I determine a make and model for my sliding glass doors?
Profile picture of Tom
There could be a sticker somewhere on the inside frame of the door, but I don't know if we can identify what you have based on just knowing the manufacturer, since many manufacturers use a wide variety of handles. There is rarely ever one answer. Pictures are the most sure-fire way for us to recognize what you have.
I need replacement locks for my sliders. I have attached some pictures from my phone. The hole the lock fits into is 3/4" X 7-1/16" and it is 5/16" from the edge of the door. The "hole" on the end of the door is 7/8" high X 11/16" wide. The bottom of this "hole" is 1-1/2" from the bottom of the 7-1/16" X 3/4" hole. The center to center of the screws are 6-5/8".

Is this, combined with the pictures enough to find me replacements?

Thank you,
Paul
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Paul! See our 82-002 lock set for a possible replacement. If you want a keyed version, see our 82-002K instead. Do these match?
Thanks Paul,
Yes it appears as though the 82-002 matches. Quick question. I tried a replacement version from Lowes, and although it appears to fit, it does not lock. I don't think the teeth come up enough to engage in the piece on the end, or wall. Will the 82-002 teeth come up high enough to engage on my door? and does the lock set come with the piece for the teeth to engage into?
Thanks so much,
Paul
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, the 82-002 and 82-002K each come with a keeper, which is the name of the part you're referring to. I'm not sure if the tooth will reach in your door, but they both come with three different sized teeth for that reason.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)