SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door lock

A handy person from Toronto. Ontario says:
Two questions please.

Product number 82-035.....does this product come pre-drilled for the key lock set?

Also, the exterior handle on our patio screen door has broken and we are unable to source a replacement. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid the 82-035 does not come pre-drilled, but we have a video on how you can install the 82-309.
As for the screen door handle, can you show me pictures of yours? That will help us find a good match.
A quick learner from Toronto. Ontario says:
Hi Dave,
The screen door handle is for the outside of the door.
As you can see it has snapped off.
The screws on the outside are at 3 1/4" centres.

Thanks
Peter
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional pictures, Peter. Our 83-003 screen door handle set has 3-1/4" hole centers. Could you use this as a substitute?
A quick learner from Toronto. Ontario says:
Thanks, Paul. This handle won't work.

What we need is a D handle with 3 1/4 inch centres. We have the inside part, are only looking for the outside part if possible.
Similar to 82-044 but with holes right through. Please see picture of outside of door. (attached)

Look forward to your reply.

Peter
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, maybe I can help. Can you show us the other side of the handle? I'd like to see how the locking mechanism works on the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)