SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door lock & handle

A quick learner from Brookfield, Il says:
I am looking at part # 82-226 which is 4 5/8 I have enclosed 3 pics 2 of the door and one with the door hole openings. I was hoping that 82-226 lock would work and what you would suggest for a handle. The door opens from Right to Left when you are in the house going out to the deck. The lock was broke and thrown away so I have no idea who makes it. This is my neighbors house and I am trying to help them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. They don't want to buy a new door.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Our 82-226 also has a hole spacing of 4-5/8", so it's a possible match, but without seeing the original mortise lock we cannot confirm. It's definitely a great place to start, though.

As for the handle, can you confirm the space between the two outer hole centers? We do not have anything that measures 4-7/8". Again, without the original handle the most we can do is find something comparable. Let me know!
A quick learner from brookfield, il says:
I'll get back to you on the handle hole centens
A professional from California says:
I have a strong suspicion that they need 82-218 with something like 82-069 for the handle. The picture reads 4-7/8" not 4-5/8", which is close enough to 4-15/16". The 3-1/8" should be 3-3/16" and the 4-1/8" should be 3-11/16". There is not enough space between the cartridge and the screw hole to be 4-1/8". If I were a betting man, I'd probably win.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)