SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door mortise lock

A handy person from Ottawa Canada says:
God Bless the internet!!

My patio door lock broke and I went to the company I bought the door from to get it replaced....the guy takes one out of the floor model and hands it to me...I ask how much? He thinks for a second and says 150 bucks. I almost choked on my tongue. After hours of internet searching I found you guys!!!

The pictures helped perfectly in identifying the part and what the hell...I'll buy the handle too !!!

Great website and there is nothing better than sales reps who actually have a freakin' clue as to what they are talking about.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! I'm so glad our Discussion Board was able to help you. Please let us know if you need any questions in the future. We're always willing to help someone with their home improvement projects!
A handy person from Ottawa , Canada says:
Hey Tom.
When I buy the Mortise style handle set #82-069
Does the exterior part automatically come with the hole for the key assembly or must it be specified?
I don't really need it "keyed".
Also wondering if the latch lever is included or is it a seperate part?
I will re-use the striker that is already installed.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, good to see you again. The outside handle does not come with the hole already in place, but it can be punched or drilled out once you get it. As for the thumb latch, it is included with the 82-069 set.
A handy person from Ottawa says:
Very good.
Thanks again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)