SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door roller assembly

A home owner from Aldgate South Australia Australia says:
I recently discovered your website and it looks like you may be able to help me with replacement rollers. I live in Australia but I can't seem to locate a suitable supplier here.
I have attached some photos of what I'm looking for. If successful I will need 14 rollers. The doors are heavy at about 90 kg each and there are 2 rollers per door. To give you an indication of dimensions on the photos, the roller diameter is about 34mm and the wheel thickness is about 8mm. The metal body is about 42mm by 28mm. As you can see from the photos the nylon attachment has sheared through so I would need the overall assembly.

I would be most grateful if you could advise whether your rollers will be suitable. My best match from your site seems to be product number 81-126 but I would appreciate your comments. Of particular importance is the weight of the door. Sorry my dimensions and weights are provided to you in metric.

I look forward to your response, and I love your website.

Regards Paul
User submitted photo of patio door roller assembly.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
In addition to 81-126, please take a look at 81-003, 81-004 & 81-023. They are all different dimensions, but compare them with your hardware and see if any will fit in the bottom channel of the patio door.

In cases like this I like to use what I call the "screw down wheel." To install the installation screw you will have to remove the bottom rail off the door and counter sink the screw head so as to not damage the glass. You must be very careful when doing this.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)