SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door seal installation 58-156

A home owner from Alexandria, VA says:
Your seal seems to fit my doors but 12 ft might not be enough for one door, and I have two doors in need of refurbishment. I haven't removed the doors yet, but I will likely replace the rollers as well. I think the bubble seal goes all the way around the door in this very narrow groove near the edge of the door. I am concerned more with how to install this seal...the door was installed in 2004 when the home was built. Does one use a putty knife, screw driver, a screen door tool, one's fingers or whatever one can find to push it in properly?

With regard to the ease of door aliding, I've read where paraffin bars are the best to use on the rail to avoid dirt and grime build up if one uses an oil or silicone lubricant. I plan to clean with degreaser and alcohol or bleach prior to lubricating the rail area.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If you don't have a notch or cut out to install this type of weatherstripping, some people like to use a putty knife. Lay the one side of the leg into the weather stripping channel and then use the edge of the putty knife to press in the other side of the leg into the channel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)