SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door track cover

A home owner from USA says:
I have a very heavy sliding glass door that is increasingly difficult to slide open and closed. We recently inspected the rollers and they seem to be in good operating condition. We have found that it is the track that is causing the problem of the door being difficult to maneuver. Where it is not worn very much, the track measures 5/16� high. Other measurements along the track give the heights as 1/8� and 3/16�.
User submitted photos of a patio door track
User submitted photos of a patio door track
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You track is not very tall. I think you will need to use either our 80-102 or 80-103. However, looking at your photo the track doesn't really seem too badly damaged. You might just need to file down the rough spots. I would also look into replacing the door rollers. You say they look okay, but sometimes the bearings inside the roller itself could be worn, which isn't easy to spot. That makes the roller roll "out of round" and can damage the tracks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)