SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio screen door roller replacement

A handy person from New Smyrna Beach, FL says:
Got a new problem with patio screen doors with outdated hardware, but you have them.
Screen Door Bottom Roller, 1" Nylon Concave Product Code: 84-053 is exactly what I am looking for and requiring 8 for two doors
I also see there is an adjustment screw recommended and don
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, it looks like part of your question was cut off. I'm not sure what you'd like to know about the 84-053. Can you go into more detail?
A professional from new smyrna beach, Florida says:
Got a new problem with patio screen doors with outdated hardware, but you have them.

Screen Door Bottom Roller, 1" Nylon Concave Product Code: 84-053 is exactly what I am looking for and requiring 8 for two doors
I also see there is an adjustment screw recommended and don't know if I need 1 5/8" or 1", can you advise? Also why is "spring tension screen door roller, Product code: 84-001", pictured to the right of the 84-053 part? Is that also a replacement? Thanks Jim
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
In comparing the two rollers, the 84-001 is a simpler version of the 84-053. I believe they are interchangeable with each other, though. As for the screws, I'm not sure how wide your patio screen door frame is, which is a big component. You should match up the length with your existing screw. The 84-502 is the standard length normally used in doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)