SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio sliding door lock

A home owner from USA says:
Good day to you! I just bought a home and l am looking for a lock that will work on the patio sliding door. The house is built in 1975 and I am not able to find the manufacturer of this door. I hv attached some pictures of the current lock and hopefully you can help me find a replacement
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Congratulations on the new home! With every new home comes new challenges, and this might be one of them. Oddly enough, that handle seems very out of place on your door. I suspect it's not the original. It also appears that your door is thicker than what is typical for that kind of handle.

We should be able to help, though. I would start by looking at our 82-003, which has a hole spacing of 3-15/16". It is also meant for 1" thick doors. If yours is thicker, you may need to swap out the hook that comes with our 82-003 with the 82-248, which is meant for 1-1/4" thick doors. Look this hardware over and see what you think.
A home owner says:
Thank you Dave.
I measured my door and thickness is 1-5/8" while the hole center is about 4".
Would 82-003 still work?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
That's even thicker than I thought! I'm not sure if the 82-003 could work. You may want to consider a surface-mount handle like our 82-005. Door thickness doesn't matter so much with this handle set, you would just have to re-use the screws or get new ones at a hardware store.
A home owner says:
Thanks again Dave! Looks like i hv no choice but to consider surface mount handle for my challenge!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)