SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio sliding doors that are thicker than 1"

A home owner from Denver, CO says:
I purchased 82-004 not realizing that my door is extra thick. The lock stem is to short by about an inch and so are the screws. Do you have same type of door handle for wider doors?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Acorn did make a thicker door, I believe it was the 1200 series Acorn Dorwall. Our 82-004 may work IF you can reuse the spindle portion of your old lock-set.
A handy person from Stamford, CT says:
I have an broken AcornDorWal handle on my patio door. Door is 1 1/2" thick. Do you have a white and wood handle that would work as a replacement.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
This set will only fit doors up to 1" thick. We do not have a set for 1-1/2" thick doors.
A quick learner says:
I think Acorn should make replacement handles for the doors that they do make. I have tried and returned several "universal" handles (center always off by a tiny bit), and now I learn that they don't make replacement handles for more than 1" thick doors. These are very expensive doors and ridiculous if have to replace entire 9 foot door because of a handle. Shame on Acorn.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)