SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patiorama Door Handle

A handy person from Florida says:
I'm looking for a Patiorama sliding glass door handle replacement (see attachment for what mine used to look like). The distance between the upper and lower screws is 4 3/8". I was looking at the 88-015 as a possible replacement and cutting the wood handle down to size, but I'm not sure if the wood handle is attached to the upper and lower brackets or if it's 3 separate parts?
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you have an old Daryl Patiorama patio door handle from back in the 1960's. The 88-015 handle was used by Daryl on some of their later doors. It may just work. The wood handle can be removed and cut down, and is just held in place with two screws at either end. What do you think?
A handy person from Cocoa, FL says:
Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I ordered the door handle, cut the handle down to 5 3/4", and it worked perfectly!!! I'll order another one so both handles match.

Hopefully you can answer my next question. The rollers on the door look similar to the one in the attached picture (not sure about the size though). My issue is I can't figure out how roller comes out of the frame. I was thinking maybe I needed to "tap on it" to slide it off the rail but I was afraid of damaging it and rendering it unusable. Again, this is an old patiorama sliding glass door. Thank you for you help.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Great, I'm glad to hear the handle worked out! As for the roller, you will indeed have to remove the bottom rail off the patio door. I recommend using a flat blade screw driver tap out the roller housing. It would help to put the patio door rail into a bench vise to hold it while you tap it out.

If you roller is like the picture you sent us, it is likely no longer available. What I have done in the past was use our 81-023 and mount it into the bottom rail of the patio door using a 33-103 flat head screw. You will need to counter sink a hole for the screw below the glass. Look at the related drawing on its store page. You could also keep your existing housing and just replace the wheel and axle with the 81-266 or 81-272. As with any parts, make sure they match up to the ones you are replacing. If you need to, you send us some more photos and questions for us to help you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)