SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patriot Window replacement parts

A home owner from Atglen, PA says:
Our house was new in 2001. We have a number of inoperable single hung Patriot windows. I do not know the Model of the windows. The major problem is the Block and Tackle Rod Balances are broken. Currently we have a total of 11 windows that are not working properly - 9 with the bottom tilt in pane that measures 31-3/4" high and 31-1/2" wide and 2 with the bottom pane that measures ~38" high and ~32' wide. The Block and Tackle Rod Balances on a number of our ~38" high and ~31" wide windows were replaced by Patriot back in 2003.

Are the Series 795 balances a suitable replacement? If so, could you recommend which ones I need to get for both size windows? I still have some operable Block and Tackle Rod Balances for the 31-3/4" high and 31-1/2" wide windows but not for the ~38" high and ~32' wide windows. The replacement channel balances for the ~38" high and ~32' wide windows are marked "36B BSI RR". Would you be able to cross reference that channel balance with one you sell?

We need to replace a few of the pivot bars. The ones in the windows look like they are an exact match to your model 26-318 2-1/2" Pivot Bar. The original pivot bars have worked with the replacement balances. Would it be correct to assume these pivot bars would work with the replacement balance you recommend?

We also need to replace some of the window latches. Your model 26-244 and 26-243 look like they match what we have.

Please advise. Thank you.
A user submited photo of window parts
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. First, let's address the pivot bar. I agree that the 26-318 is a close match. Just make sure that all the dimensions are the same, that's the most important part!

As for the balance, I would not select our Series 795 channel balance. Instead, take a look at our Series 850 block and tackle rod.

The best way to determine the length of the balance is not by the dimensions of your window, but rather the length of the balance itself. As you can see from the image on the Series 850 page, you will need to measure from the very bottom of the plastic shoe to the very top of the white cap in order to determine the length. Let me know what you come up with!
A quick learner from Atglen PA says:
Tom,

I prefer the channel balance. I am very leary of using the block & tackle balances. The block and tackle balances I had were junk and, in my opinion, failed prematurely. Patriot had sent me the channel balances to replace them and they have worked fine and have had no problems with them.

Can you recommend which channel balance most closely matches the 30.5" Series 850 Crossbow Balance would it be the 30" Series 795 Channel Balance or the 31" Series 795 Channel Balance? Also, would it be safe to assume that the "B" option would work since the replacement channel balances Patriot sent me in 2003 for the 38" windows were stamped "36B BSI RR".

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we don't really have a channel balance equivalent of our Series 850 block and tackle balance. It's best not to try to "upgrade" balances to different types, as in many cases they will fail to work. We always recommend that customers replace their hardware with what was installed originally.

If Patriot sent you operable channel balances, could we see a few pictures of them? If they work in your windows, we could identify what they are from our catalog and see if we can name a replacement. Are they the same size as the ones you wish to replace?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)