SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patriot Windows 850 block and tackle

A handy person from Maryland says:
I have had broken windows that don't stay up for several years. Just found out about your company and the replacement parts. I have narrowed my need down to Swisco's Series 850 Block and Tackle Rod Balance. However, the only difference I can see between the S850 and mine is that I do not have a top plastic piece on the plastic rod. My string goes way up the window frame and is secured by a screw to the frame. Will the Series 850 work?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Can you send some pictures, I would like to see exactly what is going on with your window. It almost sounds like someone attempted to repair your windows without the proper parts (or I may be misunderstanding your description).
A quick learner from Maryland says:
Actually I have looked at my other windows which aren't broken and they do have the white cap on the end of the plastic rod. The only difference is that my cord goes from the balance rod to way up in the window frame. The only difference I see between what I have and the 850 is the location of the screw at the top of the balance rod. All my windows have the same hardware setup.

I will get a photo and upload it.
I have uploaded 3 pictures. These show the balance and the balance cord going way up the window channel.
User submitted photo of balance in window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The Swisco Series 850 works the way your balance works with the string. Since your pictures do not include the balance shoe, be sure to measure and double-check the size of the shoe before ordering.
Will the cord still go all the way up or will I be putting in a new screw hole? Which is totally ok with me.

I have measured the shoe and saw the exact size and color available with the series 850.

I can't believe parts really available. I was almost ready to buy new windows!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Actually, you will be using the original hole to install the balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)