SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patriot sliding door outside lock

A quick learner from Delaware says:
I have a patriot sliding glass door and it currently has no exterior lock. The exterior handle has four punch outs. What lock can I use. Also the inside has a lever lock, I assume the outside lock will engage the Mortis in the same hole as the lever lock. Do they just both fit in the hole or is there a single peice that connects the outdoor and I door locks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 82-069 has been very popular for Patriot doors, but the only way to know if it will work for you is to compare our specs to your own hardware to ensure that they match. The outside and inside locks use separate spindles.
A quick learner says:
Is there a way to add a lock to the handle that I currently have on the exterior of my door. Or must I replace the entire handle.
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information! I recommend looking at our 82-306 exterior handle with key lock. You could also consider our 82-309, but this can be a little tricky to install. If you go that route, you may want the help of a locksmith.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)