SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patriot window part

A quick learner from Barnegat, NJ says:
I have MW patriot windows which need new balances. I believe they are the same as your S795-36 model except mine are marked 36E. Will your 36d work if I change both sides?

Also, is the top window supposed to tilt in? I'm having a helluva time getting the screens out and have broken most of the retainers (I just ordered new ones from you guys). Would you have a link that explains how to get the sreen out and the top window down and tilt it. I'm trying to clean these buggers.
A quick learner from Barnegat, NJ says:
I figured out the top window doesn't move and i Made up a hook to remove the screens I don't think these windows have been looked at or moved in the 10 years since this house was built.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. You have what they call in the industry a single hung window. The top sash for this kind of window is always stationary.

If your old balance is 36E, I recommend replacing it with same spring weight, since that is what Patriot used when they made your window. If you're still not sure, you can always weigh the bottom sash. Two balances with a stamp of 36E can carry a window sash weight of 32 through 34 pounds, so if your sash weight falls within that range then that is what you should choose. If it is over or under by even a pound, let me know and we can choose the better option.

If the 36E is what you need, then check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.

Finally, let's address the clips. These nylon screen clips can get brittle over time and will sometimes break when removing the screens. It's unfortunate, but as with all nylon window hardware there isn't much you can do about it. Fortunately, these clips are also flexible, so you can try to slip your finger under the clip and release the screen from the frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)