SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Peachtree Non-tilt Balancers, 2448 and 3660

A handy person from Hampstead says:
I need replacements for two different size balances for my Peachtree non-tilt Ariel windows.

One size is marked 3660 L J Caldwell. This one measures 9/16" wide X 5/8" deep with a 26 1/4" overall length. The metal on the long edges of the U-channel is doubled over.

The other is marked 2448 BSI and measures 9/16" wide X 5/8" deep X 20 1/4" overall length. This does not have the doubled over edges. The plugs to retain the cords on the 2448's are white as opposed to black and not anchored with a screw as are the ones for the 3660 balances.

Since I removed the broken units, I can provide images if they are needed.

Please advise what the replacement part numbers for these are, at your earliest convenience. At this time, I need a minimum of 3 pair of the 3660 and 2 pair of the 2448.

Many thanks,
John
A user submited photo of non tilt window balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting our Discussion Board, John! Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble identifying these balances. May I see a picture of the attachment at the end of the string? This will help me determine what Series your have.
A handy person from Hampstead says:
The two upper balances are the 2448 units. The stationary block & tackle is anchored with a pin through the sides of the U-channel.

The lower three images are of the 3660 units. The stationary block & tackle is anchored in the U-channel with both a reverse bent tab and a screw (not shown).
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. These appear to be similar to our Series 745 channel balances. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Do these match up to what you need?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi John,
I agree with Paul, I also believe you need SWISCO 745 Series balances.

For the 20-1/4" balance stamped 2448
select option 19.25-4

For the 26-1/4" balance stamped 3660
select option 25.25-4
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)