SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Peachtree Sash lift

A handy person from Sparta, GA says:
I have a sash lift that is broken. Pictures are enclosed. I cannot find a person who can repair my window for me. Please verify my part choice - S745-32. The channel is 32 3/16" long and 9/16" wide. I do not know the sash weight.

I'm sure I can do the work myself if I get the right parts. I want 2 pieces since I will replace both sides. I would also like some instructions on how to reinstall the window once the new lifts are in place.

Thank you, Jim
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't know if the Series 745 can work for you. There should be a metal clip or shoe at the end of the cord. Can you show us a clear picture of this piece? That would be a huge help.
A handy person from Sparta, GA says:
Yes, there is a clip on the end of the cord. I already have 2 new pieces corresponding to the black parts in the attached photos. -Jim
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. Yes, that shoe seems to match the one that comes with the Series 745 balance. This is likely your best bet. To determine the best stamp option, I recommend weighing your sash on a scale and referring to the chart we have on the S745-32 store page.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)