SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Peachtree Sliding Glass Door Replacement Rollers

A home owner from Tampa, Florida says:
Hello

I have some very old Peachtree sliding glass doors that (I think they are about 50 years old - original when the house was built).

I have 4 doors - 8 rollers in total.

The doors are in good shape but the "plastic" on the rollers has "disintegrated" due to becoming brittle with age (not worn out).

I can't see the exact replacement roller model on your website but it looks like I may be able to use model no. 81-071.

The main difference is that my old rollers have 1-1/2" wheels whereas 81-071 has 1-1/4" wheels but as they are adjustable that may not be a problem.

The height of the "block" section that screws to the frame is 1-1/2" by 11/16" (7/8" at the flared part) by 1-7/8" wide.

As for the fixed rollers ... your model 81-038 looks like an exact match except for the shape of the flares. Although I could also use adjustable rollers on both corners.

I have also attached some photos - sorry for poor quality (cheap camera, no macro) but I hope they're good enough.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
User submitted photo of glass door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You may be able to use the 81-071 for both. I don't know why some companies installed a fixed roller and an adjustable roller. When I replace rollers in an older patio door, I always try to make them both adjustable. I say this because it looks like the notches may match up to the 81-071.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)