Peachtree roller # 34521050

A quick learner from New Windsaor says:
I need replacement rollers for a 1996 Peachtree Citadel sliding glass door. According to Peachtree Parts catalog for that year I need Part # 34521050 Bottom tandem roller kit. Before ordering I wanted to know if your stainless steel roller #81-149 is a match for this Peachtree part. What is your return policy if it I get it and it does not work with my door? Thank you Lori
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That number has been associated with our 81-149 by other customers in the past, but I'm afraid I cannot guarantee it. Your best bet is to carefully compare your roller and your measurements to our pictures and information on the 81-149 store page. You can see our return policy here.

A quick learner from Maryland says:
The measurements match those in the Peach tree catalog for length and height. However, the their catalog does not offer the measurements for the depth for me to compare.I want to order the stainless steel thinking they may last longer. Is there really an advantage to the stainless steel? Do you think it is worth the risk of seeing if they will fit? I cannot remove the doors until the day we will replace them so I cannot measure or take photos. Thanks again Lori
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Lori. Stainless steel is definitely preferable if you live in a salt-air environment. Otherwise, you could be okay with regular steel rollers. I'm sorry I cannot guarantee that the 81-149 is a match. Keep in mind most manufacturers would rather you replace the entire door, not the rollers themselves. The only way to be 100% of what you need is to remove the existing rollers and compare physical details.
A professional from CA says:
In my experience, stainless rollers are a little more sluggish than regular ones. If rust is a worry, it's worth it. If not, the regular ones roll a little easier. But keep in mind, I only get called out when they're bad, so my experience is a little skewed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.