Peachtree window replcmnt parts

A quick learner from Lititz, Pa says:
I need to replace these broken sash spring/pulley mechanisms. I don't see the little black L shaped piece which screws into the window woodwork cavity. I am willing to use whatever works. I have a 3/4 inch channel. I need all 4 spring units for 7 windows. I also have some longer 64" windows that I'd like to tackle but dont want to take em apart till I'm sure I can get the right parts. Please advise. Thanks!!
Andy O.
User submitted photos of their spring/pulley mechanisms.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The replacement for your balance would be a custom order. We can make this up for you but we need to know what the length of the metal channel is and what the stamp numbers are. You will find the stamp numbers on the metal channel (possibly very faint).

Depending on the size of the window, each window you need to repair may have a different size length and different stamp numbers.
A quick learner says:
The metal channel is 26 1/8 inches long. The numbers stamped on the back are 3660 1.
I had ordered directly from Peachtree years ago and had a smaller one left over. It says 4 jn calldwell printed on the back with a dot matrix type print.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Andy,

Yes, SWISCO can supply replacement Peachtree balances for you.

Please note, the Peachtree balances that have stamp 3660 will actually measure 26-1/4" in length.

I will email you a custom ordering link shortly.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Update: this balance is now offered online.

A S745-26, 26-1/4" balance, for a Peachtree window size of 3660,
choose stamp option 25.25-4
A quick learner from reno, nv says:
I'm looking for the exact ballast shown above
32 1/4 long
5/8 h
5/8 w
model stamped on it is 3071 1 GL Caldwell
do you have any I need 4
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It sounds like you'd need our S745-32 Peachtree channel balance, but I'm not quite sure about the stamp option. Please take a look at the available options for the S745-32 and their corresponding strengths and compare them to the weight of your sash.

S745-32
31.25-3 can carry a window sash weight range of 17 through 23 pounds.
31.25-4 can carry 24 through 28 pounds.
31.25-5 can carry 29 through 32 pounds.
31.25-6 can carry 33 through 35 pounds.
31.25-9 can carry 36 through 38 pounds.

Does your sash's weight fall within any of those weight ranges? Please also keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
S745-26 :  26-1/4
S745-26
Price: $14.97
26-1/4" Peachtree Balance