How do I replace the Pella latch 83-155?

A quick learner from Columbus Ohio says:
How do I replace Pella latch 83-115 with the handle shown in my attached photograph? I can't seem to get the handle off without taking the entire screen slider apart.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Watch the video below, which shows how to replace the 83-115 in the new handle. Your old handle follows the same basic principles, however the screw to uninstall it is located under that circular gold Pella logo.
A quick learner from Grand Coulee says:
I have the assembly with the Pella logo. I removed the logo to access the screw. That part is good. However there is another screw lower on the handle, under the wood decal facade. Any hints on how to access this lower screw without damaging the wood covering?

Thanks,
Greg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure there's a screw? In my experience, the only screw is under the logo. The bottom is just pushed in with a plug that's built into the handle. Once the screw is removed, you should be able to just pop the plug out.
A quick learner from Grand Coulee says:
Aha! You are so right about the bottom attachment being a plug. Being overly cautious I didn't want to possibly damage it.

Thank you so much.

Greg
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.