SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella PCS 9681 OX w/screen

A quick learner from Ithaca, NY says:
The sliding screen door got pushed in off the track and I cannot figure out how to reinstall it. I have loosened/removed the 2 screws at the top and have completely removed the screen door. However, when I attempt to align the screws with the sliding mechanism, I am unable to raise the bottom enough to get the bottom into the guide.

At this point, I don't know if I need any replacement parts.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm not quite sure what type of door you have, but this same situation happened to me and it drove me nuts trying to find a solution. It turned out that the rollers had jumped out of the adjustment screw.

Take a look at our tutorial video on how to replace a Pella screen door roller. Hopefully this is the same type of door you have. If so, it should offer some great insight as to how this door works and how you can get those rollers back onto the adjustment screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)