SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella Screen Door Trolley Assembly

A handy person from Cincinnati, OH says:
The screen door has been jamming up as we slide it across. I took the assembly apart and found that one of the wheels fell right off the trolley as I slid it out of the track. Upon closer inspection, all four wheels are worn to some extent and are able to be pulled off.

The trolley length = 21 5/8" (including the wheels on each end).

The metal tube on the trolley is 19" long.

The glass on the Pella sliding glass door is 24" (23 3/4" to be exact).

This is very similar to a request you received on your website from "A handy person from Dayton" on April 10, 2011. Mine is a different size though.

Can you let me know if you have this part, price and lead time? I will need two trolleys as I have two sliding glass doors and the other one is acting up too.

Thanks.
User submitted photos of screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think you might want to look at our 80-053 Pella Screen Door Trolley. This measures 21" from center-of-wheel to center-of-wheel. Is that the same for you, as well?
A quick learner from LaCrosse Wisconsin says:
This looks like a habitual problem with Pella screen doors. I have a broken trolley as well, the plastic screw hole assembly between the two rollers is broke, poor design and prone to break when tightening up a metal screw through the track into a plastic mount, stupid & cheap. This item runs about $130 to replace, insane !! just too bad that I have Pella doors to contend with on the house I purchased, should have gone with Anderson. Like a needle in a haystack trying to find this part, Pella in LaCrosse has been taking their time to find one for me. Feeling doomed. Sounding Off
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)