Pella Screen Latch mechanism

A home owner from Stevensville MI says:
Dear Sirs:
As you can see by the attached photos I need to replace a broken screen door latch from a Pella Screen door. Although in fact I have 5 broken latches that need replacing. I believe your part # 83-155 will work. My problem is how to get the latch mechanism off. My screens were installed in 1999 and I believe they are the Architecture series. I tried popping off the Pella seal to no avail, in fact I peeled off the whole appliqu
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! To remove the handle from the door, you will first need to pop off the circular Pella logo on the inside handle. That actually obscured the single installation screw that holds it in. Once that screw is out, firmly pull the handle out of the door. You can also watch the video below, which features a different style handle but goes over the same basic method of removal.
A quick learner says:
My latch look like the same one but mine does not have the 2 screws shown in the video can you tell me where to find mine mine has i round pella emblem is that removable thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Yes! That round Pella logo can be removed, which will expose the screw underneath.

A quick learner from Michigan says:
Is there a spring involved in the Pella 83-122 latch mechanism? I've replace the latch numerous times but now the latch itself is fine but it doesn't "spring" closed any longer.
Profile picture of Tom

There is a spring involved, but it's a separate part. Specifically, there's a little metal box built inside the door that contains the spring mechanism.

The bad news is that this box cannot be replaced to my knowledge. It's built solidly into the door. If it can be replaced, you will need to contact Pella directly to see if it's something that they can supply to you directly. Otherwise your only option may be to buy a new door (or find an old door you can take it from).

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.