SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella sliding screen door latch replacement

A home owner from Stow, OH says:
I have an 18 year old Pella screen door with a broken exterior latch handle and screen protector. I can't find any way to remove the interior handle assembly to remove/replace/repair the broken latch. Instructions and part numbers would be helpful by I can't find any identifying marks, so I've included some photos so maybe someone can help me.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we may be able to help you out. For the outside hardware, check out our 83-115 and 83-119. For the inside handle, look at our 83-117. Does this hardware look similar to you?

As for how to remove your inside handle assembly, you will have to first pry up that circular Pella logo with a flat-head screwdriver. The screw is hiding under there. You can also check out our video on how to specifically install the hardware we sell.
A home owner from Stow, OH says:
The 83-115 & 83-119 look correct, but the 83-117 does not look familiar or anything like the interior handle shown in the photos I uploaded. I suspected there was a screw behind the Pella logo but I can seem to pry the logo off and I don't want to break the plastic. Any suggestions on simple ways to remove it?
Profile picture of Tom
I believe that our 83-117 is the newer version of the handle you have. As for how to remove the Pella logo, prying it off with a screwdriver is the simplest way to remove it!
A quick learner from Stow, OH says:
Well it turned out a razor knife was an easier way to pry off the Pella penny. Once I could get to the screw it was very easy to follow your YouTube video to remove the broken latch. I will be placing on order for a new 83-115 latch and 83-119 screen protector. Thank you for all your help. Pella service tech would have been a $125 house call. This is a great service!!!
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Glad you were able to work it out. Let me know if you need anything else in the future, I would be more than happy to assist you.
A quick learner from Stow, OH says:
I received the parts I ordered yesterday and was pleased to see them in original Pella packages. Following the instructions from the YouTube video was easy and the parts fit perfectly. Screen door now looks and works as good as new. Thanks for all the help and advice. This site was simple, fast and easy to use. The products were exactly as shown, worked perfectly and saved me a lot of money (Pella service tech would have been twice as much and I'm sure they would have charged for the parts as well). It's great to work with companies like this - THANKS!!!
Profile picture of Tom
It was our pleasure! I'm so glad to hear everything worked out. Please, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)