SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella Sliding Door Weatherstripping

A home owner from Northbrook, IL says:
Hi,

I have a few Pella sliding glass doors which are about 8-10 years old. I am trying to replace sections of the weatherstripping with as close to original product as possible. It seems like the weatherstripping I have is a little bigger (3/8") than what I've found. It also looks like the bulb part of the product is ribbed which I have not seen anywhere as well Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephen
User submitted a photo of bubble seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. We can make a bubbleseal for you that has a 3/8" diameter bulb. It otherwise looks just like our 58-053. Before we get started on making it, can you just tell me what color you would prefer? Once we know that we can get to work adding it to our catalog.
Tom,

Thanks for the follow up. The current bubble seal is black, but I would prefer tan as it would be a better match. I plan on purchasing enough to replace all the seals on the five sliding glass doors I have.

Thanks!
Stephen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We are currently working on bringing in a replacement for this bubbleseal and will let you know as soon as it's available!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 58-114, Kerf Mounted Bulb Seal
Great! We just got some snow here is Chicago and the temperatures have dropped which really makes me wish I started this process in September, not late October. Thanks again for everything...I'm placing my order now.
A quick learner from Louisville says:
I would love to know if the 58-114 kerf seal worked for the above homeowner, as I have the same door
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)