Rollers for a Pella sliding glass door from the early 80's

A home owner from Granville N.Y. says:
I have a Pella Sliding Glass Door that need the rollers replaced (one side is bad) and the small knob to lock the door is broken. The house was built in 1982-1983. From your web site, I believe the roller assembly the I need is the 81-098. I have attached pictures of the small knob I need for locking the door. Is the price per roller assembly or is that for a pair?

Thanks,
Curtis
User submitted photos of sliding glass door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Curtis. Unfortunately, I cannot identify your roller based on these pictures. I would have to see a picture of your actual roller in order to accurately identify it. Please remove the roller from the door and take a few pictures of it separately, then let me know and we can work from there!

Our 81-098 Pella Patio Glass Door Roller Assembly is sold individually, not in pairs.
A home owner from Granville N.y. says:
I'm all set with what I need to oder for the roller assembly and will be ordering two. What I now need to know is what I need to replace the locking knob.

Thanks,
Curt.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I have a quick question that will help us find this replacement. When standing outside, which panel is this latch on: the left or the right? Also, which panel is stationary?
From standing outside looking in, the lock and door handle is on the left panel (the door that slides) and the door/panel that is stationary is on the right. Thanks for your help.

Curt.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. We are currently working on this replacement part and will post again here as soon as we have more information available.
A quick learner from Granville N.Y. says:
Haven't heard back and thought you might have been a victim of Sandy. Hope all is well. When you get a chance, still waiting to hear on the door lock issue. Want to place a order soon.

Thanks,
Curt.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your concern! Sandy did force us to deal with delays, but everything is back on track now.

We appreciate your continued patience, and apologize for such a long wait! Our new 82-253 is finally available online and ready to view. Take a look and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Granville N.Y. says:
Looks good. I just placed my order for:
(1) 82-253
(2) 81-098

Thanks for your help,
Curt.
Just a quick update and wanted to say thanks. I placed my order on Friday morning. Two hrs later it was shipped. Received the order on Monday and took advantage of yesterdays warm weather (Tuesday) and installed both the roller assemblies and the locking lever. Just like having a new door. Can't thank you enough for your service. Your company and personnel was a pleasure to do business with. Wish more companies and people were like that. Just two pictures looking out the sliding glass door. I live in New York State and just 1000 yards from the Vermont border. The mountainns in the background are the Green Mountains of Vermont.

Thanks again,
Curt.
A customer submitted photo of a beautiful landscape.
Profile picture of Tom
What beautiful countryside! Curt, I assure you, the pleasure is all ours. Please let us know if you have any questions in the future, and we would be more than happy to help you. I hope you have a great Holiday Season!
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.