Looking for a new roller for my Pella sliding glass door

A home owner from Akron Ohio says:
Looking on your website I want to confirm the replacement Roller for our sliding glass door. I would guess this is the old style since the door is at least 12 years old.
I see two different kinds on your site and want to understand if there are quality differences.

Thanks,

Charlie
User submitted photos of a sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Good morning, Charlie! Thanks for posting. I'm afraid that I cannot really identify this roller while it's still installed in the door. Is there any way you can remove it so that I can see the whole unit?

In the meantime, take a look at our Pella Single Wheel Roller Assemblies for Sliding Glass Patio Doors. Are any of these the two rollers you mentioned? If you let me know which ones you were talking about, I could tell you the differences.

A home owner from Akron, Ohio says:
Tom,

What I think is best is to remove the roll, take a picture of the roller along with measurements. I can see better what you have sent and realize there are differences. I can't wait to fix this door as I did not understand what was wrong with it until I pulled it down a couple of weeks ago.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Charlie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, Charlie! I'm happy to help. Let me know!
A home owner says:
Hi Tom,

Here is a better picture.

The rollers are about 2.75" x 5/8?" wide x 1 11/16" high.

This has no flange on the bottom.

Thanks,
Charlie
User submitted a photo of a sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Great picture! That's a huge help. I think you'd want to consider either our 81-098 or 81-249. The only difference between these two rollers is that our 81-098 is a genuine Pella product while our 81-249 is a generic replacement.

Normally I always suggest the branded product, however in this case the 81-249 is an excellent replacement. What do you think?
A quick learner from Akron says:
Donna,

Based on the cost and your suggestion I will order two of the generic rollers.
I will order off your website.

Thanks for your help!

Charlie
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.