Pella Sliding Glass Door Replacement Wheels

A quick learner from Middlesex, NJ says:
I need to replace the lower sliding wheels on my Pella Sliding Glass Door.. The door is a 9681 Vent/Fixed XO Sliding French Door: Frame 95
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I would recommend the 81-244 as a possible match but I encourage you to compare yours to our pictures and dimensions to confirm that this is the correct part.
A quick learner says:
Can I order the 81-244 rollers and return them if they don't fit? I am trying to avoid pulling the door off the track twice.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you can return them. See our return plolicy for more information.
A professional from CA says:
Pella only uses 2 rollers in their outside sliding (inside screen) doors. I have only used the one without flares and have not had anyone explain if they are interchangeable. I could not see any reason why it should matter. If someone has any insight into this I would appreciate it.
A home owner from Massachusetts says:
I am told that the new style roller assembly (with flange) will ony work with doors with the old style rollers if you mortise the flange. Otherwise flange will rub on track.
A professional from CA says:
home owner from Massachusetts:
I see what you are saying, but wouldn't the flange scraping be caused by the roller not being adjusted properly? The adjustment of the wheel should eliminate scraping.
Is the problem that the flange forces the door to sit higher? Then mortising the flange would just move the roller up, allowing the door to sit lower.
Also, would this mean that either style of door should be able to use the flange-less roller adjusted slightly higher for the one that would normally use the flange?
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.