SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella Storm Door Mortise latch set

A handy person from Maryland says:
I ordered the item # 40-198 mortise for my Pella storm door. The latch received looks the same and fits the same as the part I am replacing, however the part received has a slot for the deadbolt actuator to pass through while the part in my door has a large keyhole shaped hole for the deadbolt actuator knobs.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear that the 40-198 didn't work. Could you show me a picture of the two mortise locks you have side-by-side? Can you also confirm that your original mortise lock's dimensions are identical to the dimensions we show for the 40-198?
A quick learner says:
The dimensions are identical. Where the deadbolt latch passes through, there is a black bushing with a slot through it on the item I bought. The design of the one on my door has a keyhole shapes hole passing through the mortise. The attached picture shows my door hardware and the shoulder that the deadbolt latch is on is the size and shape of the cut-out in the mortise.
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! Take a look at our 40-194. That could be the latch you are looking for, based on your picture and what you describe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)