Pella Window Lock

A home owner from Los Alamitos, CA says:
I am trying to find replacements for the lock and keeper as shown in the attached photos. The only marking on the lock is "Pella."

Thanks,
Jeff
User submitted photo of pella lock
User submitted pella lock piece
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for posting images. Pella informed us that this lock and keeper gets replaced with the 90-213, Pella Lock & Keeper.
A home owner from Michigan says:
Actually, I have the same problem with my locks and replacement part 90-213 is not an exact "fit". On the old lock the screws are 1 1/4 inch apart and on the new replacement one the screws are 1 5/16 inch apart. I have replaced the old lock with the new one and it does not fit like it should. When contacted Pella directly, they said that new replacement is the only available part...No more Pella windows for me, if they can't even have a proper replacement.
A quick learner from Lk Hopatcong says:
I am a builder for 30 years and bought into the whole Pella thing 25 years ago in my own house. I am having the same problem with my locks. I tired to use there replacement locks and they jsut do not work correctly. Shame on a major manufacturer like Pella for not having the replacement part for what was a very expensive window at the time. I haven't installed a Pella for 25 years and never plan to again

A home owner from Ledgewood, NJ says:
I also thought the world of PELLA. I believed all the hype. Try to find a replacement lock for a 17 year old window, go ahead and try-it's impossible as they have not been available for more than 5 years. A company that sells to the consumer at top dollar prices then drops replacement parts after 12 years is despicable. I should have stayed with Anderson windows as I did not encounter problems such as this with their windows. NEVER AGAIN PELLA!
A quick learner from Ohio says:
Swisscom.
Thanks to Jeff posted pic , I was able to finally find my lock , lock and keeper. We have a 2 story a frame mountain house all pella window and doors the office that sold our contractor all the windows for 4000 sq ft house decided to go paperless and threw away our house plans and I searched pella for 3 hrs looking for original pella window parts, that was all she remembered. Would have been nice if she would have called or mailed to us. Thank you so so much. We were giving up and going to order a replacement window. Brenda , Ohio
A home owner from Williamsville, NY says:
I am having the same problem locating this sash lock. I have called Pella several times at different locations and they will not return my call. Unbelievably bad service.
A quick learner from New York says:
Built my house in the 80's. Thought I was getting the best windows with Pella. 4 1/2 ft x 3 1/2 ft double hungs with that one little sweep lock. Poor design. Tried their expensive replacement part. No good. Now I use boards and old towels to keep the cold air from pouring through. Will probably look for some 3 dollar sweep locks and put a couple on each window if possible. Stay away from Pella.
A quick learner from Ohio says:
We have the same style crappy Pella windows. Latches have broken on several (8 or 9?) throughout our 1980s house. Builder put in top-of-the line everything else, I'm sure he thought he was doing the same with the windows. Can't find a replacement that fits, so windows slowly open during the winter. (Double-pane windows are lousy, too. Not only does moisture get between the windows, but dirt and dust, so they are a nightmare to clean.) Don't bother trying to get help at a Pella store. They've already sold you their windows, so their job is done. We'll have to try some creative and time-consuming modifications.
A landlord from Milwaukee, wi says:
I am in the same boat about these replacement locks. The replacement locks do not fit or work properly. I have 45 condos all with these windows with the same locks. All are staring to fail. Has anyone found a solution other than cursing off PELLA?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid we do not updated information other than what's been recommended. Have you tried reaching out to Pella directly? Perhaps they may be able to provide a solution we can't. 

I apologize we could not offer more assistance. 

Best of luck on your project.

A landlord from Milwaukee, wi says:
Thank you. Yes, I will work with Pella. Sometimes rather difficult to work with.
A contractor from Lk Hopatcong says:
I also bought into the Pella being a great window about 30 years ago. I have the same double hungs. Almost all my locks are going in my house at this time. And when I received the same answer form Pella. The replacement that they have is the only one available.,I would have thought that the best window manufacturer at the time wold have had a better answer. Will never buy Pella again !!
A home owner from Ohio says:
I have had all similar, negative experiences. We bought an 80's house wth all top-quality building materials. We let it go at inspection that a few latches were missing. Huge mistake! Like the other Ohioan, I visited Pella and they passed the buck. We now have about 10 windows with broken latches and all slowly creep up and open during winter. Will probably remove broken latches, replace with woodfiller, sand and paint, then find better latches. Even if the suggested latches worked, they are a ripoff. We have warned family and friends to stay away from Pella, whose reputation for quality products is completely undeserved.
A quick learner from Chicago, Illinois says:
Installed lock in 10 minutes. Could not install the keeper. The lever in the locked position stops at a 45 degree angle. It works, though not perfectly. Considering these windows were installed in the early 1980's, I felt lucky to get anything that worked. Ordered the part on Wednesday and received it on Saturday. Thanks for the quick work. Due to the age of these windows, I will probably order again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF0670.JPG
A home owner from Lawrence, Kansas says:
I am a homeowner and have a house that was built in the mid-1980's. The house has Pella windows throughout. We do also have the pella lock and keeper on all the windows. I had one malfunction and I took it off the window and apart. I think it will still work however I cannot remember how to put it all back together.
Can you send me a diagram on how to reassemble the lock and keeper part? Thanks, Bill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231122_121242.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Bill. I'm sorry to say that we don't have the kind of diagram you're looking for. I'm not sure that Pella would have such a document either, but they're likely the only company that would. I suggest contacting them directly.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.